LCIF Disaster Relief Grants in Action
Lions Clubs International Foundation is mobilizing US$230,000 to help those affected by Superstorm Sandy. Some examples of LCIF grants in action include:
- Connecticut, District 23-C: The Lions ALERT team is working to provide community meals at shelters and other sites where meals are needed.
- Maryland, District 22-B: Lions are providing personal hygiene kits, including toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand towels, soap and more, to 400 displaced families being housed in a local community center.
- New Jersey, District 16-B, 16-C, 16-E and 16-D: Lions are working with local food banks to provide food, water and blankets.
- New York, Multiple District 20: Lions are working to provide goods and meet needs in local communities affected by the storm.
- North Carolina, District 31-J: The District Governor used his personal boat and the help of Lions in his district to focus on getting food, water and dry clothes to residents that were stranded on Hatteras Island.
Lions in the affected areas aren’t the only ones providing aid to those in need. Many generous Lions have been holding fundraisers and making donations to the LCIF Disaster Relief fund.
- The Brockville Lions Club in Canada is holding a breakfast fundraiser.
- A truck full of goods were sent from Texas Lions sent to the Massapequa Lions in New York.
- The South Attleboro Village Lions held “Operation Sandy” to collect supplies for those in need.
- Florida Lions are holding a quilt drive to support MD-20.
- The Houma Lions Club in Louisiana is collecting items for Hurricane Sandy victims.
- With the help of the UPS Foundation’s donated delivery service, Lions in South Carolina sent 30 generators to New York, providing power to shelters and other areas where large groups of people will benefit.
Many more Lions are also collecting donations and supplies for those in need. Make a donation to LCIF today.
Thank you for your support!