10 Relieving the Hunger Projects
“Relieving the Hunger” is the Global Service Action Campaign for December and January. During the next two months, we’ll be sharing project ideas, Lions stories and videos that show how Lions help feed the hungry in their communities.
Make an impact! Here are 10 Relieving the Hunger community service projects that your Lions club can organize.
- Serve meals at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.
- Sponsor a food drive in your community to replenish a local food pantry.
- Organize an event at your local food bank and use cans of food as admission.
- Help plant a community garden for local residents to harvest and use.
- Work with healthcare professionals to provide free nutrition and healthy food preparation classes.
- Collect infant formula and baby food for an organization serving young mothers at risk.
- Prepare and deliver food baskets to families in need.
- Create a cookbook of easy, affordable and accessible recipes.
- Hold a hunger walk and use the proceeds to buy food for a children’s orphanage or shelter.
- Deliver prepared meals to elderly citizens.
How is your Lions club helping to feed the hungry?