Lions Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Through various environment programs and projects, such as planting trees, cleaning up roadways and raising environmental awareness, Lions continually show a commitment to protecting our earth. Even just the simplest actions can make a huge impact on the future of our environment. Here, find tips to reduce, reuse and recycle!
- Reduce fuel emissions by walking, biking or car-pooling to work.
- Use Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs, which use 75% less energy and last 10 times longer than traditional bulbs.
- Turn off lights when not in use.
- Use canvas or reusable bags when grocery shopping.
- Compost food scraps and yard waste.
- Bring a coffee mug to work rather than using paper or plastic cups.
- Purchase energy efficient appliances.
- Water lawns and gardens at the coolest time of day.
- Turn off the water when brushing teeth or shaving.
- Take shorter showers.
How do you contribute to a greener, healthier environment? Do you recycle, pay your bills online or have a compost in your backyard? Does your Lions club organize environmental projects to keep your community beautiful and safe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Also, learn how your Lions club can go green by going paperless.