Lions & UN Millennium Development Goals
In 2008, at the 30th Annual Lions Day with the UN, Lions signed an agreement that represents a commitment to fulfilling the eight UN Millennium Development Goals:
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve universal primary education
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Reduce child mortality
- Improve maternal health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Ensure environmental sustainability
- Develop a global partnership for development
The video above was featured at the 35th Annual Lions Day with the UN last week, and shows how Lions have spent every day of the last five years dedicated to hunger relief, poverty eradication, education, the environment, health programs and other initiatives that work to make a real global impact.
Together, Lions around the world are changing people’s lives for the better.
How has your Lions club addressed the UN Millennium Development Goals in your community?