Today is Diabetes Alert Day
The American Diabetes Association Alert Day is a one-day “wake-up call” that encourages the American public to get healthy, get serious and raise diabetes awareness. By taking the Diabetes Risk Test, you can find out if you are at risk for developing Type 2 diabetes. By educating you friends, family and members of your community about diabetes, you can help those around you take action toward a healthier lifestyle.
Ways for Lions to get involved:
- Organize a Strides: Lions for Diabetes Awareness event
- Partner with local healthcare providers to organize a diabetes screening
- Volunteer at a children’s camp for diabetes
- Hold a healthy cooking demonstration for people with diabetes
- Organize a community vegetable garden to encourage healthy eating
For more information, visit the National Diabetes Education Program’s website.
How is your Lions club participating in this year’s Diabetes Alert Day?