Organize a Lions Recycling Project
With the Protecting Our Environment global service action campaign in full swing, we continue encouraging Lions to organize and participate in environmental service projects this month. A community-wide Recycling Day is a great way to raise awareness and get everyone involved.
A few tips for getting started:
- Form a committee to take charge of this project.
- Select a date and location for the recycling event to take place.
- Obtain necessary local permits.
- Arrange for the donated recycled materials to be removed by the local organizations/recyclers.
- Publicize your event through flyers, newspapers and social media.
- Following the event, post pictures on Facebook and be sure to thank everyone involved!
What to recycle/reuse:
- Eyeglasses and hearing aids
- Paper, books, magazines
- Plastic bottles and aluminum cans
- Cell phones, computers, laptops, inkjet cartridges
- Athletic shoes
- Medical equipment (wheelchairs, crutches, etc.)
Do you have any successful recycling projects to share?