Lions Convention Travel Tips
The 2013 Lions International Convention is just a few days away! But before you can take in the sights of Hamburg and meet Lions from all over the world, make sure you’ve got all of your plans and belongings in order to ensure a safe, stress-free trip.
Keep these last-minute travel tips in mind as you get ready for Hamburg:
- Pack light. Bring only the essentials. If you run out of a certain toiletry, you can buy more while you’re in Hamburg.
- Layer up. Pack clothes that you can layer up and take off easily, depending on the weather. Avoid bringing a big coat that will just take up space.
- Tell your friends. Leave copies of your itinerary and flight schedule with family or friends at home.
- 3-1-1 for carry-ons. 3.4-ounce bottle of liquid or less (by volume); 1 quart-sized clear plastic zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. If in doubt, put liquids in your checked luggage.
- Be patient. Airports and security lines can get crowded and frustrating. Get there early and remember to keep calm.
- Bring your Lion spirit!
Visit the Travel/Tours section of the LCI website for more information on airport transfers, ground transportation, rental cars and more.
Do you have any tips to share with fellow traveling Lions?