DECA International Camping Conference
The Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA) is holding an International Diabetes Camping Conference from September 26 to 29, 2013 at Camp Congrad-Chinnock in Southern California, USA.
DECA assists diabetes camping programs and similar types of activities, and the dedicated people who work with these programs, as they help children, youth and young adults learn how to live well with diabetes. The purpose of this conference is to educate and discuss best practice approaches for the successful operation, management, programming and healthcare strategies of diabetes camps.
Who Should Go?
All Lions involved in diabetes camping programs and youth services, including camp directors and staff, program directors, educators, physicians, dieticians, nurses and more.
What to Expect?
Conference session topics include:
- Diabetes-Based Education
- Diabetes Camps/Family Camps
- Food Allergies and Intolerance
- Mind/Body Approaches to Diabetes
- Use of New Therapies at Camp
- Managing Emotional Disorders at Camp
- How to Not Sell Your Camp Program Short: Come Discover the True Cost of Camp
- The Keys to a Successful Special Event
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Fundraising: A Broad Overview to What is Involved in Fundraising
- Safety and Camp: What are the Keys to Success?
- Marketing and Communication: How to Keep Connected to Your Participants Throughout the Year
- Additional sessions to be added
How does your Lions club help children with diabetes and increase diabetes awareness in your community?