Sharing the Vision in October
Tomorrow begins the Sharing the Vision global service action campaign. During October, we encourage Lions everywhere to fight blindness through service activities that provide eye care to those in need, increase awareness about the importance of eye care and vision screenings, help people who are blind or have visual impairments, and more.
Examples of Sharing the Vision projects include:
- Setting up eyeglass recycling collection boxes throughout your community.
- A community “sight walk” that raises funds for the visually impaired.
- Vision screening at a local school.
- Volunteering at a local eye bank.
- Sports and recreational activities for people who are visually impaired.
How is your club participating in October’s global service action campaign? Tell us about your Sharing the Vision activity in the comments below, and be sure to share pictures of your event or project on Facebook!