#DonateAPhoto for LCIF Sight for Kids!
Helping protect a child’s sight is as easy as snapping a photo. Starting today, October 1, for every photo you donate through Johnson & Johnson’s Donate a Photo app*, they will donate $1 to the Lions Clubs International Foundation and Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Sight for Kids program (up to $30,000).
Each and every photo you “donate” will help Lions and Johnson & Johnson Vision Care provide a vision screening and eye exam. The Sight for Kids program’s mission is to remove barriers to eye care for children in underserved areas across Asia – including providing eye glasses and treatment.
All you have to do is download the free mobile app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device and start taking pictures!
How to Get Started
1. You can download the FREE Donate a Photo app for your Apple or Android device.
2. Follow the in-app steps to set up your account and profile. Switch on your Facebook and Twitter accounts within the app to automatically share with all your friends and followers!
3. Choose your cause: To help protect a child’s sight with Sight for Kids.
4. Then, take a picture, or choose a photo to share from your device’s library or album.
5. If you share your photo, you help a child, and inspire others to help our Sight for Kids program!
- Users can donate up to one photo a day, every day, to the Sight for Kids cause through January 31, 2014.
- Any appropriate snap shot helps, but Lions are hoping to share photos of faces or eyes to raise awareness about the importance of accessible eye care and eye exams.
- Are you planning a project or event for Sharing the Vision month and World Sight Day? Feel free to share your photos of your Lions club project through the Donate a Photo app!
- Be sure to tag photos with the hashtag #lionsclub on Facebook and Twitter. We will share select photos through the Lions Clubs International official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Since 2002, LCIF and JJVC have worked together to correct the vision of millions of children throughout Asia with the Sight for Kids program. During World Sight Day and the October Sharing the Vision service campaign, Lions and Johnson & Johnson are ensuring their social snapshots are serving, too!
Consider Donating a Photo for Sight for Kids to help Lions protect a child’s sight today!
*The Donate a Photo app is available in the United States only. No matter where you live, be sure to get the word out about Lions Sight for Kids program and the importance of eye exams for our children. Photos shared are not used for commercial purposes.
Disclosure: You can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. For every photo donated to Sight for Kids, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. will donate $1 to that cause. You can donate photos to Sight for Kids until Janaury 31, 2014 or until it reaches its goal of $30,000, whichever comes first. Sight for Kids will receive a minimum of $15,000.