Video: Relieving Hunger in South Africa
As December and January’s Relieving the Hunger Global Service Action campaign continues, we’re sharing another video from our Lions Quarterly (LQ) archives. The video above features Lions in South Africa who collect, sort and distribute food to local communities in need.
Depending on where Lions are located, Lions feeding projects include a wide range of activities:
- Distributing holiday food baskets
- Volunteering at food pantries
- Feeding school children or children in orphanages
- Organizing soup kitchens for adults and children who are homeless
- Starting community food gardens
Recent Webinars with partner organizations The Global FoodBank Network and Feeding America and FoodBank Australia and FoodBank Western Australia can help you plan your Relieving the Hunger project:
- Webinar recording for Lions in Europe, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Singapore and South Africa (Global FoodBanking Network)
- Webinar recording for Lions in Australia and United States (FoodBank Australia, FoodBank Western Australia and Feeding America)
How does your Lions club feed the community?