Plan a Family & Friends Children’s Project
With April’s Family & Friends Month just two months away, it’s time to start planning projects that show your family and friends how Lions make an impact in your community every day. Consider planning a children’s project and bringing along your kids, grandchildren, siblings, parents, neighbors and other friends to join in the service.
Project ideas to serve children during Family & Friends Month include:
- Collect children’s clothing and shoes for a local shelter.
- Fill backpacks with school supplies for students in need.
- Supply Braille and large-print books for children who are blind or visually impaired.
- Develop a reading program or “story day” for grade-school children.
- Sponsor a sports day for children and youth facing physical challenges or other disabilities.
- Read to children at a local library.
- Supply new parents with books for young children to encourage reading at an early age.
Download the LCI Family Friendly How-To Guide for more ideas and tips!
How will your club participate in Family & Friends Month?