Plan a Family & Friends Sight Project
We know that being a Lion and serving your community is important to you, but do your family and friends know? April is Family and Friends Month — a great opportunity for you to share with those closest to you what it means to be a Lion. Consider planning a sight project during the month of April, and invite your parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, neighbors, best friends and coworkers to join in the service!
Family and Friends sight project ideas include:
- Organize a vision screening at a local school or community center.
- Host a pancake breakfast that helps raise funds to send a blind or visually-impaired child to a Lions-supported special needs camp.
- Arrange a recreational activity, such as a bowling, swimming or fishing event, for children and adults who are visually impaired.
- Plan a “sight walk” fundraiser to help provide eyeglasses to people in your community who cannot afford them.
- Schedule a tour of the nearest Lions Eye Bank to raise awareness about the importance of eye tissue donation.
- Place a Recycle for Sight eyeglass collection box at your Lions World Lunch Relay event.
How is your club participating in Family and Friends Month?