Plan a Family & Friends Environment Project
Not only is April Family and Friends Month, but it also kicks off the Protecting Our Environment Global Service Action Campaign. An environmental project is a perfect opportunity for your club to invite family and friends to join in the service and show them how Lions are truly making an impact in the community.
Consider planning one of these following family-friendly projects that helps protect the environment:
- Plant trees, flowers or grass at a local park.
- Organize a beach or river bank clean-up project.
- Host a recycled trash fashion show.
- Remove debris and trash from the community’s nature trails, walking/bike paths and/or roadsides.
- Sponsor a nature camp to teach youth and parents about environmental preservation.
- Clean up a park or playground.
- Remove graffiti from public buildings, bridges or fences.
- Participate in the Lions World Lunch Relay on April 4 by planning your service project at a local park in the morning and having a picnic afterward!
How is your club participating in Family and Friends Month?