Get Ready for Leo Club Awareness Month!
April is Leo Club Awareness Month — an opportunity for Lions to raise awareness about the importance of engaging young people in the community through youth programs such as Leo clubs. Consider sponsoring a Leo club and getting youth actively involved in community service, which can help them develop the skills needed to achieve their dreams and make an impact. Or, if there’s already a Leo club in your area, then plan a joint Leo-Lion service activity!
Project ideas for Leo Club Awareness Month include:
- Organize hands-on Protecting Our Environment activities such as beach/park cleanups, tree planting or graffiti removal.
- Invite Leos to help out at your next fundraising event.
- Volunteer with Leos at a local women’s shelter or soup kitchen.
- Plan a Reading Action Program activity that encourages Leos to share and read their favorite books to children.
- Get Leos involved in Recycle for Sight.
- Don’t forget to invite Leos to your Family and Friends event in April!
How is your club celebrating Leo Club Awareness Month?