Get Ready for Lions Worldwide Induction Day
Lions Worldwide Induction Day is on April 26, and is an opportunity for Lions everywhere to welcome new members, stimulate membership growth and increase public awareness. The more Lions clubs grow, the bigger an impact Lions can make in their communities and around the world.
A successful Worldwide Induction Day event often includes a strong membership campaign that focuses on recruiting on quality members. Below are recruitment techniques to keep in mind as you plan your event:
- Challenge Lions. Start a fun challenge between Lions, clubs, districts or regions that encourages members to recruit new people. Set a goal for how many new members each Lion will recruit within a given time, and keep them motivated with prizes and awards. Announce the winners at your induction ceremony.
- Recruitment Night. Ask Lions to invite potential members to a special club meeting, during which you can highlight the club’s feature projects. Let potential members know what kinds of projects your club is involved with, learn about your potential members’ interests and special skills, and discuss how they can help make an impact!
- Project Volunteers. Invite friends, family, coworkers and community members to volunteer at a Lions service activity project. Make the project hands-on and fun, with results that volunteers can see and be proud of by the end of the day. This allows the public to get a first-hand look at what Lions are doing in the community. Be sure to hand out recruitment materials and invite people to your next meeting!
Other ways to get the word out about your club:
- Set up a booth at a local event, fair or farmers market.
- Start an e-clubhouse website and Facebook page, and invite people to follow your page for updates and photos.
- Publicize your events in the local newspaper.
- Send out press releases for your projects, events and fundraisers.
See the Lions Worldwide Induction Day Planning Guide for more tips, ideas and sample news releases.
How is your club celebrating Worldwide Induction Day?