The Centennial Service Challenge Kicks Off
The Centennial Service Challenge was announced at the 2014 Lions International Convention in Toronto — presenting Lions with the goal of serving 100 million people by December 2017. Is your club up to the challenge? Start planning your Global Service Action Campaign service activities, beginning in August with Engaging Our Youth.
Engaging Our Youth Project Ideas
Recognize the power of youth involvement! Serve children in need! Project ideas include:
- Sponsor a Leo club in your community.
- Invite local Leos and young people to join your club in an environmental service project, such as a beach cleanup or recycling activity.
- Work with the local school district to organize a back-to-school health fair.
- Collect school supplies and books for children in need.
- Supply Braille or large print books for children who are visually impaired.
- Sponsor a child to attend a recreational camp for kids with disabilities, or assist the camp as a volunteer.
Learn More about the Centennial Service Challenge
For more information on the Centennial Service Challenge, such as how to report your service activities and track the number of people served, visit the Centennial Service Challenge page and read our FAQs.