Get Ready for Diabetes Awareness Month
November 14 is World Diabetes Day – an opportunity to raise awareness about diabetes and help people around the world lead healthier, happier lives. Lions everywhere are encouraged to raise awareness throughout the entire month of November. Project planning tools and resources are available through the LCI website.
Project ideas include:
- Organize a Strides event (walking, running, dancing) to promote healthy exercise.
- Partner with healthcare professionals to provide a diabetes screening for community members.
- Support a local camp for children with diabetes, either by volunteering or sponsoring a child to attend.
- Sponsor a healthy cooking demonstration in your community.
- Organize a school or community garden to promote healthy eating.