Social Snaps that Serve: Help LCIF’s Sight for Kids Program with Donate a Photo App
Helping to protect a child’s sight is as easy as snapping a photo! For every photo you donate through Johnson & Johnson’s Donate a Photo app*, Johnson & Johnson will donate US$1 to Lions Clubs International Foundation’s (LCIF) Sight for Kids program, up to US$40,000.
Each photo you “donate” via the app (up to 1 per day) through January 15, 2017, will help Lions and our partner, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies (JJVCC), provide eye health education, vision screening and access to a professional eye exam to a child. The Sight for Kids program’s mission is to mobilize local Lions, teachers and eye care professionals to improve eye health awareness and remove eye care barriers to for children in underserved areas across Asia, as well as in Kenya and Turkey – including providing exams, and eye glasses and other treatment.
The free mobile app is accessible to Lions and the public in the U.S, the United Kingdom and Japan. All you have to do is download the free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play and start taking pictures!
How to Get Started
- Download the FREE Donate a Photo app for your Apple or Android device (click here)
2. Follow the in-app steps to set up your account and profile. Switch on your Facebook and Twitter accounts within the app to automatically share with all your friends and followers! You can also set up a daily reminder.
3. Choose our cause: “To help protect a child’s sight with Sight for Kids.”
4. Then, take a picture, or choose an existing photo to share from your library.
5. When you share your photo, you help a child and inspire others to help our Sight for Kids program!
- Lions and the public can donate up to one photo a day, every day, to benefit LCIF’s Sight for Kids cause through January 15, 2017.
- Any appropriate snapshot helps, but Lions hope to share photos of faces or eyes or favorite views to inspire and raise awareness about the importance of eye health and accessible eye care and exams, especially for our kids.
- Are you planning a project or event for World Sight Day? Share your Lions club service photos through the Donate a Photo app
- Be sure to tag photos with the hashtag #lionsclubs on Facebook and Twitter. LCIF will share select photos through the Lions Clubs International official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Since 2002, LCIF and JJVCC’s Sight for Kids program has worked to provide eye health education and eye care and eyeglasses access to millions of school children throughout Asia, Kenya and Turkey with the Sight for Kids program. Surrounding World Sight Day, LCIF and JJVCC are ensuring their social snapshots are serving, too!
Consider Donating a Photo for Sight for Kids to help Lions protect a child’s sight today! Learn more about Sight for Kids at www.lcif.org/sfk.
*The Donate a Photo app is available in the United States, United Kingdom and Japan only. No matter where you live, be sure to get the word out about Sight for Kids and the importance of annual professional eye exams for our children. Photos shared are not used for commercial purposes.
Disclosure: You can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. For every photo donated to Sight for Kids, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. will donate US$1 to that cause. You can donate photos to Sight for Kids until January 15, 2017, or until it reaches its goal of US$40,000, whichever comes first. Sight for Kids will receive a minimum of US$20,000.