Sharing the Vision, One Photo at a Time
Helping LCIF and Lions protect a child’s sight is as easy as snapping and sharing a photo! For every photo you donate through Johnson & Johnson’s Donate a Photo app*, Johnson & Johnson will donate US$1 to Lions Clubs International Foundation’s (LCIF) Sight for Kids program, up to US$40,000.
Each photo you “donate” via the app (up to 1 per day) on behalf of our “Sight for Kids” cause will help Lions and our partner, Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), provide eye health education, vision screening and access to a professional eye exam to a child. In fact, each and every photo (and resulting US$1) helps us provide eye care access to up to four children through Sight for Kids innovative and sustainable model.
Sight for Kids mobilizes local Lions, teachers and eye care professionals to improve eye health awareness and remove eye care barriers to for children in underserved areas across Asia, as well as in Kenya and Turkey – including providing exams, and eye glasses and other treatment.
1. Download the FREE Donate a Photo app for your Apple or Android device (click here)
2. Follow the in-app steps to set up your account and profile. Switch on your Facebook and Twitter accounts within the app to automatically share with all your friends and followers! You can also set up a daily reminder.
3. Be sure to choose Lions’ cause: “To help protect a child’s sight with Sight for Kids.”
4. Then, take a picture, or choose an existing photo to share from your photo library.
5. When you share your photo, you help a child and inspire others to help our Sight for Kids program! Sharing on social media helps to challenges others too.
- Lions and the public can donate up to one photo a day, every day, to benefit LCIF’s Sight for Kids cause through January 31, 2018.
- Any appropriate snapshot helps save sight: a photo of your coffee cup, your pet, a local landscape, a selfie. Many Lions are sharing photos of faces or eyes or favorite views to inspire and raise awareness about the importance of eye health and accessible eye care and exams, especially for our kids.
- Be sure to tag photos with the hashtags @lionsclubsand @jjvcglobal on Facebook and Twitter. LCIF will share select photos through the Lions Clubs International official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Since 2002, LCIF and JJV’s Sight for Kids program has worked to provide eye health education and eye care and eyeglasses access to 25 million underserved school children throughout Asia, Kenya and Turkey. Surrounding World Sight Day, LCIF and JJV are ensuring their social snapshots are serving, too! Consider Donating a Photo for Sight for Kids to help Lions protect a child’s sight today! Learn more about Sight for Kids impact at www.lcif.org/sfk .
*The Donate a Photo app is available in the United States, United Kingdom and Japan only. No matter where you live, be sure to get the word out about Sight for Kids and the importance of annual professional eye exams for all children. Photos shared via the Donate a Photo app are not used for commercial purposes.
Disclosure: You can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. For every photo donated to Sight for Kids, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. will donate US$1 to that cause. You can donate photos to Sight for Kids until December 25, 2017, or until it reaches its goal of US$40,000, whichever comes first. Sight for Kids will receive a minimum of US$20,000.