#TimeIsNow: 9 Ways to Transform Women’s Lives
I request all Lions to mark the day any time during the month of March by participating in activities that reflect your commitment to the cause of gender parity.
- Encourage women and girls to join Lions and Leo clubs and to take leadership roles in their communities
- Work with a local shelter to help women in need advance in their careers (assistance with resumes, practice interviews, donating business attire, etc.)
- Provide assistance to women in prisons
- Host a panel discussion in your community on the topic of gender equality, women’s rights, domestic violence and other women’s issues
- Collect menstrual hygiene products and toiletry items and donate to a local women’s shelter
- Support businesses owned and run by women
- Host a seminar on rural and urban women change makers
- Recognize outstanding women in various fields of life
I am confident that, in this new century of service at Lions Clubs International, our clubs around the globe will extend fullest support for International Women’s Day Celebrations.