International Peace Poster Contest
For over three decades, Lions clubs around the globe have been sponsoring a very special art contest in schools and youth groups. Creating peace posters gives children everywhere the chance to express their visions of peace and inspire the world through art and creativity.
Order a Peace Poster Contest Kit
To sponsor the Peace Poster Contest, Lions clubs can order a contest kit from January 15 to October 1. The kit is available in 12 of our official languages. A kit is needed for each contest sponsored.
Each kit contains:
- Official Club Contest Guide and Rules
- Official School or Youth Group Contest Guide and Rules
- Participant Flyer to duplicate and give to participating students to take home
- Sticker to place on back of winning poster
- Certificates for contest winner and school or youth group
*To order a kit by phone, call Club Supplies Sales at (630) 571-5466 or 1-800-710-7822 (U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada only).
The 2019-2020 Contest
History has shown that all too often peace is not guaranteed. While this is unfortunate, it also allows us the powerful opportunity to figure out how to achieve peace, individually and in our communities. And who better to map out the “Journey of Peace” than our youth?
Peace Poster Contest Deadlines
Students ages 11, 12 or 13 as of November 15 are eligible to participate in the International Peace Poster Contest. Entries not meeting the following deadlines will be disqualified.
- January 15: Kits go on sale from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
- October 1: Deadline to purchase kits from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
- November 15: Postmark deadline for a club to send one winning poster (per contest sponsored) to the district governor.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a district governor to send one winning district poster to multiple district council chairperson.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a district governor not belonging to a multiple district to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a club not belonging to a district to send one winning entry to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- December 15: Postmark deadline for the multiple district council chairperson to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- February 1: International winners notified on or before this date.
Peace Poster Tabletop Exhibit
The Tabletop Exhibit is a great way to draw additional attention to the contest, and encourage others to get involved. Past successful locations include libraries, community events and district, multiple district and state Lions conventions.
It’s available for loan free of charge to clubs, districts and multiple districts in the United States to promote the Peace Poster Contest. Please note that due to customs regulations, we are unable to ship the exhibit outside of the United States.
To learn more, contact (630) 203-3812.